Alcohol and other drugs in Queensland
Consultation to renew Queensland's statewide plan
The Queensland Mental Health Commission is leading work to consider a renewed approach to alcohol and other drugs (AOD) in Queensland.
Our goal is to prevent and reduce the adverse impact of alcohol and other drugs on the health and wellbeing of Queenslanders.
This work supports the strategic direction set by Shifting minds: Queensland Alcohol and Other Drugs Strategic Plan 2018-2023 (Shifting minds), and will align with the National Drug Strategy and sub strategies.
The priorities for action identified in Shifting minds, include:
Please note the consultation papers are NOT GOVERNMENT POLICY.
- system-wide integration
- multi-agency responses to meet the needs of individuals and groups with complex needs
- drug policy reform
- alcohol harm minimisation
- increasing alcohol and other drug prevention and early intervention
- growth and development across the continuum of service responses for problematic alcohol and other drug use
- workforce development, and
- addressing stigma and alcohol and other drug literacy.