Renewing Queensland's alcohol and other drugs plan has provided an opportunity to re-imagine and improve our approaches to the management of alcohol and other drug issues in the state and lay the foundations for tangible and lasting reform.
The consultation report describes the consultative and participatory processes that the Commission employed to support the development of a renewed alcohol and other drug plan for Queensland, and outlines the key themes, issues and potential solutions identified by consultation participants.
A series of consultation papers written by independent subject matter experts and were based on key themes identified during initial consultations.
The key themes identified through the consultation process focused on:
- strengthening prevention and early intervention
- enhancing treatment and support systems
- reducing involvement with the criminal justice system
- reducing stigma and discrimination
- reducing alcohol and other drugs-related harm, with a focus on alcohol-related harm.
The consultations identified priorities at the individual, population and system level.